Women & Philanthropy at UCLA celebrates and inspires women throughout the UCLA community as major donors, leaders, and decision-makers.
To encourage philanthropy, leadership and mentoring of the next generation, Women & Philanthropy at UCLA seeks to:
- Engage and Educate women philanthropists through programmatic activities that highlight the diversity of achievement at UCLA;
- Broaden and Deepen the base of financial support by women at UCLA;
- Cultivate and Mentor women as philanthropists and leaders and provide them with a personal connection to the University and tools to be successful;
- Identify and Support programs at UCLA that reflect the varied interests of women;
- Advocate on behalf of women’s leadership across campus on boards, committees, and the UCLA Board of Governors;
- Embrace a Culture of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access that encourages, supports, and advocates for the diverse voices of our members and builds pathways to philanthropy for women from all backgrounds.
- Recognize and inspire women’s giving across the campus.
- Provide women information about opportunities to give and access to those matching their passions.
- Enrich women’s lives by providing unique opportunities to engage with the University and each other.
- Thank women for their contributions to the campus.
- Foster women’s participation on campus boards and in volunteer leadership positions.
- Provide resources and learning opportunities for leadership growth.
- Spotlight and promote women’s leadership activities across the campus.
- Mentoring and Networking:
- Integrate mentoring into member relationships by creating opportunities for current members to meet UCLA’s up and coming women philanthropists.
- Engage younger women who are already giving to the campus and encourage their development as philanthropic leaders.
- Promote connections among women by highlighting professional fields, philanthropic areas of interest, degrees/majors, board service, and other relationships
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access:
- Value diversity, engagement and belonging at the center of Women & Philanthropy’s mission.
- Commit to an inclusive membership that fully represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Strive to include diversity, equity, inclusion and access practices at the center of our daily work.