Women & Philanthropy is comprised of a group of like-minded women who participate in and promote volunteer and philanthropic leadership at UCLA. The program seeks to attract and mentor the next generation of philanthropic leaders on campus. It is a community of knowledgeable, unique, powerful voices who are moving the university ahead by addressing its current needs – and creating new possibilities for the future.
The following is a sampling of the many opportunities our members have created for both faculty and student excellence, and for community impact:
- The Ralph and Shirley Shapiro International Fellows Program
- The Maxine and Eugene Rosenfeld Chair in Computational Genetics
- The Monica Salinas Health Equity Fund in Public Health
- The Marianne Murphy Play Reading Series
- The Carol L. Collins UES Principal’s Chair
- The Agi Hirshberg Center for Pancreatic Diseases
Hear from UCLA’s star faculty about their groundbreaking research:
Andrea Ghez, UCLA professor of astronomy, talks about the black hole at the center of our galaxy.